The General Education committee provides for ongoing review of Southwestern's general education competencies, how they are taught in Arts and Sciences courses and reinforced in program courses, and how the results of general education competency assessment are used to improve teaching and learning. The committee is led by Arts and Sciences faculty and administration and includes members from each academic division to ensure cross-functional communication and decision-making.
- Chair – Barbara Putman, Dean of Arts & Sciences
- Linda Aiken, Early Childhood Education Program Coordinator/Instructor
- Brian Kane, Associate in Fine Arts Department Chair
- Susan Kimel - Faculty Senate, Physical Therapist Assistant Clinical Coordinator/Instructor
- Hannah Sykes, English Instructor