Due to declining COVID-19 cases across the country and our region, we are making the use of masks optional at Southwestern Community College - effective Tuesday morning (Feb. 22).
- As has been the case throughout this pandemic, we encourage you to follow CDC recommendations. The CDC currently recommends getting vaccinated/boosted, wearing a mask indoors, social distancing and washing your hands. Read more here.
- If you are sick, please do not come to SCC. Instructors will work with students, and supervisors will work with employees to make alternate arrangements for getting work done.
- We especially encourage you to respect the right of others to wear - or not wear - masks as they choose. Please treat everyone with kindness and respect.
- If you are exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19, or if you are not feeling well, please call your primary care doctor or local health department.
- Masks will continue to be distributed in the same manner as before, and they will be available in more common areas.
We know the past two years have been extremely difficult and challenging for everyone, and we want to thank you for your compliance, patience and caring.
**EMPLOYEES & STUDENTS: Please self-report using this form if you have any questions or issues related to COVID-19, including testing positive or exposure.**
If you want to get the COVID-19 vaccine, please contact your local health department (following are links to the ones in our service area):
- Jackson County Department of Public Health
- Macon County Department of Public Health
- Swain County Department of Public Health
- Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians - Public Health & Human Services
If any COVID-19 questions or concerns arise throughout this semester, please feel free to contact our COVID-19 Response Team committee chair Lisa Sizemore (email@example.com or 828.339.4280) or Megan Nicholson, our Emergency Services/Safety Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org or 828.339.4621).