Admission criteria for Human Services Technology and Human Services Technology - Addiction & Recovery Studies:
The applicant must:
- If you are not currently enrolled at SCC, complete an application to the college. Designate Human Services Technology AAS Degree (A45380) or Addiction & Recovery Studies (D4538E) as the program of interest. If you are a current student, see Admissions to complete a change of major form if you wish to apply to the program.
- Be a high school graduate or have earned a high school equivalency diploma (GED). Exception: current high school students
- Submit official copies of all transcripts (high school and college). Transcripts must be sent directly from the institution. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all necessary records are sent to the College Admissions Office.
- Applicants are responsible for submitting all the necessary records to the Admissions Office.
- All students admitted into a health science program may be required, by clinical or work-based site, to submit to a criminal background check and/or drug testing, prior to, or during clinical education coursework. The results of these tests could affect the student’s ability to progress in the program.
- All students completing a health science program may be required, by an external testing agency, to submit to a criminal background check and/or drug test prior to a state or national licensing/certification board approving the graduate to sit for licensure/certification exams.