Testing Center Locations
Southwestern Community College has Testing Centers at the following locations:
Jackson Campus: Balsam Center, Room 118
447 College Drive, Sylva, NC 28779
Macon Campus: Cecil Groves Center, Room 206
44 Siler Farm Road, Franklin, NC.
Testing Center Contact Information
Jackson Campus: Jody Woodring, Testing Coordinator
Macon Campus: Ed Nagy, Student Services Director - Macon Campus
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Friday: 8:00AM - 12:00PM
- Cell Phones, textbooks, notebooks, dictionaries, personal calculators, or other papers of any kind are not allowed in the testing room. Students will be provided a secure locker for their belongings.
- Other students may be testing at the same time, and you may not talk to one another for any reason. Talking with anyone other than the test administrator during a test may result in cancellation of your scores. SCC will invalidate a test score if there is reason to question its validity.
- The Testing Centers are equipped with video and audio surveillance cameras that are monitored during test sessions. Test sessions are also recorded.
- A valid photo I.D. is required at the time of testing.
- Student test scores and the information provided when taking the test will be available to relevant SCC faculty and staff for educational purposes only. This information will not be disclosed for any other purpose without your written consent.
- If you have questions concerning confidentiality, please contact the Testing Office.
Test Taking Tips
- Read the instructions carefully and follow the directions.
- Read each question carefully to make sure you understand what it is asking.
- If you do not know the answer to a question, try to eliminate one or more of the choices that do not seem reasonable; then select one that remains. Read all choices for answers before selecting one.
- Depending on the test you are taking, you may not be able to go back to previous questions so make sure you are satisfied with the answers you choose.
- Ensure that you are well rested prior to your test.
- Take a deep breath and try to relax.
- If allowed, take a break to stretch your legs and to give your eyes and brain a few minutes to rest.